Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Happy Memorial Day!!

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day and took some time to reflect on what and who is important in your livesJ  Our weekend was filled with friends, who are like family to us, so it was very special and relaxing. We had dinner with Jim/Jen and met their new puppy Baxter. WAY too cute. Then we had a family sleep over with the Millers and enjoyed watching their cat Paulo stalk Nikki. We also did a neighborhood bonfire and the kids had their 1st taste of summer - riding bikes to the park, playing tag with the neighbors, staying up late, etc... It was really hard to get them movtivated for school today. This is the last week of real work at school. Final tests/book reports/projects due all around. Next week is all about field trips, cleaning their desks/lockers and picnics. The light is at the end of the tunnel!! w

Training – I managed to get in a 25 mile ride on Saturday (road bike) and 33 mile ride on Monday (mountain bike) but the weather was NOT cooperating on Sunday and I spent 2 ½ dreadful hours at the club on a stationary bike. I did 27 miles but I’m counting it as 30 since there is no coasting on a stationary bike. Torture!  Just 2 more weekends until the ride. It’s the final training push where I’m easily bored with myself and you can find me bribing just about anyone to ride with me.  But…I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

Fundraising – I’m over the $2k mark and 2/3 of the way to my goal. Really excited for the final stretch of donations to take me to my goal.

Have a wonderful week!
Peace, tailwinds, downhill and cool weather…
T.