Sunday, May 12, 2013

Good Friends



My very good and longtime friend Michelle came to visit last weekend for a girls weekend. She called in mid Feb, during a snowstorm when her kids were driving her crazy and said "I gotta get out of here! When is a good time to visit?!".

Michelle and I met on the 1st day of college, we lived on the same floor in our dorm and she was the super smart, sarcastic, funny, blunt girl. I loved her the minute we met. She is still one of the smartest people I know and shes got a very "get to the point" view of life. Keeps me on my toes.

We lucked out with a sitter on Friday night and headed down to our favourite Japanese/Korean restaurant - Guu. It was so fun and loud and yummy. My kind of place:)

Tom was a gem and took on the majority of kid duty on Saturday so Michelle and I were able to take a bike ride, shop in Kensington Market, have a mimosa with lunch, see the Bata Shoe Museum, have a mid afternoon manhattan and walk along the lakeshore. (even grabbed and ice cream). It was such a nice way to chill and catch up.

Sunday was Billys Tae Kwon Do tournament and Michelle was a trouper, sitting through 5 hours of competition to see Billy participate for exactly 90 seconds. She got to try a Tim Hortons Double Double and the kids were thrilled to take her to Jack Astors, so...all was not lost.

I flew home with her on Sunday as I need to be in MPLS for work Mon and Tues. It worked out great as we were able to keep our girls weekend going a bit longer with gossip magazines and a glass of wine on the flight. Work travel with your friends is the only way to go!

Then, I doubly lucked out, Monday night, my good friend Annette was able to meet me for dinner.  Annette and I met through her ex 20 years ago when she started doing my hair. I'd make a Friday afternoon hair appointment so that we could go out afterwards. She has since switched careers, but shes still my go to person for all grooming advice (which I desperately need)  We headed out for Mexican and it was so awesome to catch up on some more girl time. I dont think she's thrilled that I'm letting my hair go grey but... shes an awesome friend and kept it to herself:)    

 Its amazing and so wonderfully special when you have friends that have known you forever and even if you havent seen or talked to them in 9 months, its just exactly the same - comfortable, fun and a million things to talk about.   I love my girlfriends!! I'm so blessed!