Thursday, August 17, 2006

ROUS, Geckos and Big News

The big news 1st! Jimmy learned to ride a two wheeler yesterday and boy is he excited! He needs help starting but can stop all on his own. He gets a little freaked out by cars, but I am ok with that for now. I suppose learning to turn will help him conquer that fear:) We havent been able to get him off his bike and I am sure that the training wheels are ancient history. It is a major kid milestone. Very fun.

On our not so fun note, we have house guests and not the welcome kind. We have mice (I am choosing to think of them as mice and not as r_ts or for those of you fellow Princess Bride fans, Rodents of Unusual Size). Tom actually saw one in the middle of the night and I had one run over my foot while I was brushing my teeth. That episode led to a tramatic night sleep. I woke up screaming about 2:00am because I dreamed that the "mice" were crawling up our bed (think the movie Ben). I think I just about gave Tom a heart attack. Needless to say, we now have 3 steel traps set in our house. We had a choice between rat poison or steel traps. Neither are a great choice when you think of having 3 small curious kids, but I ventured toward the painful but not lethal option (for the kids not the rats). I am sure the India people are wondering why these silly Americans didnt just buy the poison. I am sure they are thining "damn tree huggers". We havent caught anything yet... Wish us happy hunting!

We also have a visiting Gecko. Considering the alternative, he is almost welcome. (almost) To be honest, I would like it to go back to being just Tom and myself and the kids...

That's all for now, just the latest update in our adventure...